User Permissions - Projects
Managing user permissions is an essential part of using TeamWave, as it ensures that each user has access to the apps and features they need.
Here's a step-by-step guide to customizing permissions for different user roles:
- Click on the Profile Icon at the bottom left corner and go to the User Permissions section.
- Once you're in the user permissions section, you'll see the permissions settings page. This is where you can assign permissions to users based on their roles.
- There are two default options available for user roles: Super Admins and Regular Users. Super Admins have access to all TeamWave apps and can add more Super Admins and modify billing settings. However, it's recommended that you only assign this permission set to those who explicitly require it.
- For all other users, you can use one of the customizable permission sets instead. By default, there are Super Admin and Regular User sets available. But if you're on a pro plan, you can add up to three additional user groups, and on a business plan, you can add up to 10 customizable permission sets.
- Once you've assigned users to their respective roles, you can customize the permissions you want to give to each group. For Instance, you might want to restrict certain CRM visibility settings, prevent regular CRM users from exporting or merging sensitive information, but still allow CRM managers to perform these tasks.
- Similarly, project managers may need to add projects, view user time sheets, and add milestones, while regular project users may not require these permissions.
- You can customize permissions for HRM functions as well, such as inviting members, setting up check-ins and time off policies, and posting to notice boards using APIs.
- Make sure to save your changes once you've customized the permissions for each user group. This will ensure that each user has the appropriate level of access to the apps and features they need.
By following these steps, you can effectively manage user permissions in TeamWave, ensuring that your team has access to the right tools and information to work efficiently and effectively.