Make VOIP calls from TeamWave
TeamWave has the ability to choose which app is the default when you click on a phone number in CRM. For example, you can use a provider such as Skype for calls or SMS, or a number of VoIP / SIP-based phone systems.
Admin Users of TeamWave can specify the protocol syntax they would like to use for the call-to links within TeamWave CRM. Once configured, you will be able to click on any phone number and have it begin a call to that number via your chosen service.
To program this syntax, go to: https://app.teamwave.com/crm/#/settings/general
Click on “Default Calling Method”
The most commonly-used syntaxes can be found in the dropdown. If your preferred option is listed there, simply select it from the dropdown and click Save. The options found in that dropdown are listed below, for your convenience.
- Skype call: skype:[number]?call
- Skype SMS: skype:[number]?chat
- SIP phone handler: sip:[number]@gateway.com
- Apple FaceTime call: facetime://[number]
- Default phone call handler: tel:[number]
- Default 'callto' handler: callto:[number]
- Default SMS handler: sms:[number]
If your option is not found there, we suggest choosing the 'Custom' option, and providing the callto syntax of the provider you wish to use. Once finished, click Save.
- The configuration of this action is only available to Admin Users.
- The [number] function is used as a placeholder for any phone number found in TeamWave. As long as the syntax contains that function, the syntax will know that the number is a phone number, and be able to begin the phone call (or SMS) accordingly.
- You can check with your SIP/phone vendor for details on how to use their services with browser based links. This feature only allows you to make calls using the configured app and does not have the facility to record or log calls.