You can categorize Tasks or Files by adding a Tag to them. This makes it easier to filter and search for them. The Tag will be represented by a color and a term that you specify.
Tags are usually project specific, meaning that a tag created in one project won't be visible in other projects unless it's a Universal Tag. Universal Tags are tags that are accessible across all projects and can be used to categorize Tasks and Files in any project.
Project Specific Tags:
To categorize tasks within a project, you can add Project Specific tags. These tags will only be visible in the project they were created in and cannot be accessed in other projects. Here's how to add a new tag:
- Open a task within your project
- Select the "Add Tags" option in the task detail pop-up
- Click "Add/Edit Tags"
- Give the tag a name and select a color
- Click "Done" to save the new tag.
Universal tags are tags that can be accessed and used across all projects in the platform. Only Super Admins have the ability to create and manage Universal tags.
To create a new Universal tag:
- Go to Project Settings (accessible via the gear icon in the top right corner)
- Select the Tags tab
- Click on the "+" icon in the Universal tags section
- Enter the name of the tag and select a color
- Click Create to save the new Universal tag.
To convert an existing Project Specific tag into a Universal tag:
- Go to the Tags tab in Project Settings (accessible via the gear icon in the top right corner)
- Select the Project Specific tags you want to convert in the All tags section
- Click on the blue forward icon between "All tags" and "Universal tags"
- The selected tags will now be converted into Universal tags and will be available for use across all projects.
Deleting Project Specific or Universal Tags
Deleting Project Specific Tags:
- Open a task in your Project where the tag is assigned
- Click on the "Tags" section in the task details pop-up
- Click on “Add/Edit Tags”
- Find the tag you want to remove and Click on the "Delete" button.
Deleting Universal Tags:
- Navigate to the Project Settings (click on the gear icon in the top right corner)
- Select the "Tags" tab
- In the "Universal Tags" section, select the tags you want to remove
- Click on the "Delete" button.
Note: When you delete a tag, it will be removed from all the tasks and files where it was assigned.