Manually Merging Deals and Contacts
Modified on: Sat, 3 Sep, 2016 at 5:18 AM
If you have two versions of same the contact person, organisation or deal, you can manually merge the them to preserve accurate data and delete the duplicate.
1. Open up the contact details page click on the ellipsis link present at the top.
2. Click on 'merge', enter the duplicate contact name/email in the search box and choose the contact from the suggestion.
3. Select the contact details which should be preserved and preview - missing fields will be filled if the data would be available in the corresponding field of the duplicate contact.
4. Finally click on 'merge' to save the details and remove the duplicate.
Note: If you choose to preserve the details of the contact person owned someone else from you team, then the merged contact will be owned by your team member.
1. In the deal details page click on the ellipsis link and click on 'merge'.
2. Enter the deal name, select the duplicate from the suggested list.
3. Choose the deal whose details will be preserved.
4. Preview the details and click on 'merge'. It'll transfer all the related data (contact person, activities, emails, files, notes, followers) to the preserved deal.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.